Small World Preschool prepares a standard school calendar; somewhat similar to that of the Department of Education calendar, with a few exceptions at our discretion. We do not observe waiver days, teacher institute days, and several holidays, as stated on the DOE calendar. We do observe a 2-week Christmas/Holiday Break, a 1 & 1/2-week Spring Break, with the school session ending in the middle of June.
Our calendar is presented to parents/guardians upon enrollment. Any revisions (at our discretion), will be passed along to you accordingly. It is the preschool’s practice to send home questionnaires on other holidays not observed within our calendar, for staffing and curriculum adjustments.
2020-2021 SCHOOL CALENDAR
- The school day begins at 7:00 am and ends at 1:00 pm, 4:00 pm, or 5:00 pm; depending on the session in which the child is enrolled.
- No children will be accepted prior to 7:00 am; however, all children should be in school no later than 8:30 am.
- If the child is enrolled in the part-time session, the child must be picked up by 1:00 pm.
- If the child is enrolled in the full-time session, the child should be picked up by 4:00 pm.
- If the child is enrolled in the extended day program, the session ends at 5:00 pm.
- Late charges are assessed for pick-ups after the child’s session ends at either 4:00 or 5:00 pm.
School Day Starts:
- at 7:00 am
- No students accepted prior to 7:00 am
- All children should be in school no later than 8:30 am
School Day Ends:
- Part-time Program – 1:00 pm
- Full-Time Program – 4:00 pm
- Extended Full-Time – 5:00 pm
If the child is not picked up at the time their session ends, the parent/guardian is automatically charged a flat fee of $25.00. If there are three occurrences of a child being picked up late, the parent/guardian shall then be notified in writing that the child could face immediate dismissal upon the next occurrence. There is no grace period.